Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What's the Buzz?

what's happening at lys?

Is it really mid November?  It seems like the leaves just started to turn!  I turned around the other day & the Quilt Shop next door was redoing their window with, you guessed it, a Christmas tree!  You know what that means!  The countdown for Holiday Hand Knits is ON!  

I have too many projects on my needles, as usual.  In fact, if I bring my rational mind in to the equation, I may despair.  There really is no way I'll finish everything I've started before the holidays this year.  It is a mathematical impossibility.  I think.  Actually, I'm too busy knitting to do the math!

In the meantime, we are working on our third free Knitting Workshop.  The first two went really well.  We filled the studio upstairs with cheerful knitters of all sorts--& got some good knitting done!  In our first workshop, we learned how to make Jared Flood's handsome 'Turn A Square' hat.  Everyone successfully cast on & learned the tricks & tips for this pattern.

Our second workshop pattern was the Baktus shawl.  This great little sock yarn scarf now has 33 versions on Ravelry, and more than 5,000 knitters have made one.  What a great starting point for a simple project!

Our next workshop should prove to be fun!  I'm excited to hear back from the designer so I can let you know what pattern we'll be working on.

Save the date:  Tuesday, December 7th 9:30a - 11:30a in the studio at LYS.

Hope your knitting is going well!  Need yarn for your next project?  Need a gift for a knitter? We're happy to help with knitting questions, too!
Stop in to see us at LYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment